On Thursday, July 28, 5 Colorado Trailblazer “Schools to Watch” presented replicable, high performance practices to their colleagues and peers at the Colorado Association of School Executives (CASE) Annual Conference in Breckenridge, Colorado. The five Trailblazer “Schools to Watch” that presented were:
- Altona Middle – Longmont
- Jenkins Middle – Colorado Springs
- Hotchkiss K-8 – Hotchkiss
- Mead Middle – Mead
- Russell Middle – Colorado Springs
Each of these schools been recognized for demonstrating a trajectory of success in the areas of academic excellence, developmental responsiveness, social equity and strong organizational structures.
During the session, each school shared 2-3 replicable practices and their case studies during the round-robin share session. The following slide show kicked off the event:
Information was also presented on how to become a Colorado Trailblazer School to Watch”. It was explained that the application is a three part process:
- the application itself – to report student achievement and discipline data
- the school self-rating – using the National Forum’s criteria of high performing middle grades practices
- the evidence of criteria – to list the practices in place within the applying school aligned with each criteria.