Real World, Right Now!
the next generation of middle level education
As our students learn, process and produce more skills, it’s imperative we prepare the education workforce to design, connect and innovate.
On Thursday, October 9, St. Vrain Valley Schools will host a national convening for principals, teachers, administrators, and educational thought leaders. Activities include keynote speakers, interactive breakout sessions and round-table discussions focused on design thinking, connected learning and challenge-based learning.
Recipients of the prestigious i3 and Race to the Top Grant from the National Forum to Accelerate Middle Grades Reform and St. Vrain will facilitate the conversation around preparing our schools for the next generation of middle school education.
Registration – rwrn.eventbrite.com
A dynamic, interactive agenda allows participants to engage deeply into one of three Next Gen Learning Strands:
- Design Thinking
- Connected Learning
- Challenge-based Learning
Download a copy of the Agenda.
Scott McLeod is widely recognized as one of the nation’s leading experts on K-12 school technology leadership issues. After 14 years as an Educational Leadership professor, Dr. McLeod currently serves as the Director of Innovation for Prairie Lakes Area Education Agency in Iowa.
His Website: dangerouslyirrelevant.org
- Dr. Don Haddad, Superintendent of Schools, St. Vrain Valley School District
- Dr. Holly Ludgate, Senior Director of Program Development, New Media Consortium
- Ceil Daniels, Research Associate, Johns Hopkins University Center for Research & Reform
- Dr. Violeta Garcia, STEM Coordinator, Colorado Department of Education
- Linda Jordan, Director of Content Development, International Center for Leadership in Education
- Emily Diehl, Curriculum & Learning Specialist, Mindset Works
- Todd Rogers, Principal, Chisholm Trail Middle School, Northwest Independent Schools, TX
- Eddie Cloke, Principal, Trail Ridge Middle School, St. Vrain Valley Schools, CO
- Mark Spencer, Principal, Westview Middle School, St. Vrain Valley Schools, CO
Download a copy of the flyer